Wednesday 6 December 2023

Day 6 - Santa Claus is Coming to Town - Bruce Springsteen

I saw Springsteen in Hyde Park in the summer and it reminded me that this track has never been on the Calendar and it really should be by now.

The song itself has only ever appeared once too, and that was the auspicious version by Joseph Spence (If you missed that one you should check it out at Joseph Spence ) so I think a more orthodox version is probably due.

Considering I've always said I'd walk a long way to see Springsteen live even if I wouldn't always walk to the back garden to listen to an album, it might seem odd to see I've decided to stick with the official audio version rather than pile through the live recordings available on YouTube, but I figure if you want to look then you can make the time for it.

I'm not doing all the heavy lifting here! 


No comments:

Post a Comment